This listing is to be used as a quick reference guide only and is subject to the provisions as found in the actual Lakeville Motor Express LKVL 110 series rules tariff. The accessorial charges displayed represent a portion of the rules and charges in tariff LKVL 110 series. For further details and the complete listing see tariff LKVL 110 Series. Charges shown are effective December 2, 2013 (and as supplemented) and are subject to change without prior notification.
Items Referred to Above
Item 290 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Additional Charges - Martha's Vineyard, MA; Nantucket, MA; Block Island, RI; Fishers Island, NY; or Shelter Island, NY
Shipments FROM or TO points on the islands named above that are not subject to base rates in LKVL 500 series, shall be assessed an additional charge as provided herein.
Class 110, 125, 175 and 250-500 see complete rules tariff at bottom of page
Item 350 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Articles of Extraordinary Value, Limitation of Liability, Prohibited or Restricted Articles , Released Value and Full Value Coverage
Section 1 - Limitation of Liability - Articles of Extraordinary Value (Note A)
A. Maximum liability on shipments subject to a SPOT QUOTE, Pallet or Commodity rated pricing or TL pricing will be :
Per Pound per package........ $2.00
Not to Exceed................... $10,000
Per Pound per package........ $2.00
Not to Exceed................... $75,000
B. Except as otherwise set forth in individual shipper contracts, in the event of loss and/or damage to any shipment, carrier’s liability will not exceed $5.00 per pound per package, subject to a maximum excess valuation of $100,000.00 per conveyance or the released valuation established in this tariff or the current NMF 100. The lowest valuation will control. If shipper desires to tender a shipment requiring carrier liability in excess of $5.00 per pound per package, then shipper must indicate in writing on bill of lading at time of shipment and pay carrier the total dollar amount of Full Value Coverage (see section 5 of this item). In no event shall Full Value Coverage exceed $100,000.00 (see section 5 paragraph 7).
C. The carrier's maximum liability in the event of loss or damage will be determined separately for each distribution package lost or damaged, and will be limited to the lowest of the following:
1. The actual value of the shipment at origin; or
2. The valuation provided in Paragraph A or B, above; or
3. The Released Value as stated in the National Motor Freight Classification 100 series, which will apply for each distribution package lost or damaged.
D. The term "Distribution Package" means any primary shipping package authorized by the provisions of individual tariffs governed by this tariff or classification items in the NMFC. When a number of distribution packages have been unitized, strapped or otherwise fastened together, or contained on pallets, platforms or skids, or have been over packed in an additional complying package, the carrier’s maximum liability will be determined by separately multiplying the released value times the weight of each individual distribution package lost or damaged and not on the basis of the weight of the total number of distribution unitized, strapped or otherwise fastened together, or contained on pallets, platforms or skids, or over packed in an additional complying package. Where a distribution package contains articles subject to the provisions of this item and articles not subject to this item, the carrier’s maximum liability is to be determined by multiplying the total weight of the distribution package by the maximum value per pound shown in Paragraph A or B.
E. Lakeville Motor Express will not pay labor charges over $25.00 per hour.
F. Liability for loss, damage or destruction of property bought over the Internet from companies including but not limited to: eBay, Amazon and others, including items sold by individuals, where merchandise is not new, will be subject to a maximum liability of $ 0.10 per pound where carrier liability is established.
G. Upon delivery of goods, if carrier’s driver is denied access to clearly view the unloading and handling of the freight as it is taken off the trailer by consignee - so as to verify the “count and condition” of the freight - then any claim filed with carrier shall be denied without recourse.
Section 2 – Property of Extraordinary Value
Unless otherwise provided, the following property will not be accepted for shipment nor as premiums accompanying other articles:
In the event that LKVL receives cargo named in this item, LKVL shall hold the party that arranged for LKVL to handle the shipment solely responsible and liable for any penalties and /or damages resulting from transportation of the restricted cargo. The "Party that arranged for LKVL's handling" of these items may be a shipper, a 3rd party provider, or an interline carrier.
Section 3 - Freight Liable to Damage Other Freight or Equipment
Carriers are not obligated to receive freight liable to impregnate or otherwise damage other freight or carrier's equipment. Such freight may be accepted and receipted for subject to delay for suitable equipment, or may be refused for lack of suitable equipment
Section 4 - Prohibited or Restricted Articles The following articles will not be accepted for transportation:
Section 5 - Full Value Coverage
1. Commodities tendered for shipment with an invoice value exceeding values as stated in Section 1 Paragraph A or B will be considered to be of “Full Value”.
2. The shipper may request “Full Value Coverage” on shipments of commodities that exceed the maximum liability limitations as provided in Paragraph A or B herein or in other tariffs or contracts only as set forth in this item.
3. Shipments described in Section 5, Item 1 where “Full Value Coverage” is not requested, shall be governed by any and all limitations set forth in Section 1 herein or as provided in the NMFC.
a) “Full Value Coverage” will be deemed to be requested when the Bill of Lading is marked as such at the time of shipment, and the shipper must indicate in writing on the Bill of Lading the total “Full Value Coverage” requested. (See Example below and Notes G and H for exclusions)
Example: A shipper requesting $10,000.00 “Full Value Coverage” would notate the Bill of Lading as follows;
“Full Value Coverage requested in the amount of $10,000.00.”
4. “Full Value Coverage” purchased by the shipper will apply to the shipment as a whole and will be prorated across the entire shipment in the event of a partial loss or damage.
5. The charge for “Full Value Coverage” will be:
$.60 per $100 of Full Value Coverage requested, subject to a minimum charge of $50.00 per shipment, and subject to a maximum excess value coverage of $100,000.00 per shipment. The charge will be in addition to any applicable freight charge and is not subject to any discount. The charge will be payable by the party responsible for payment of the freight charges and shall be considered and treated as additional freight charges.
6. Full Value Coverage includes the amount of the invoice supplied by the Consignor or Consignee, plus the prepaid or collect freight charges not included in the invoice, plus 10%, calculated as follows:
a. INVOICE AMOUNT- $30,000, PLUS freight Charges of $300.00 = $30,300.
b. AMOUNT OF COVERAGE- $30,300 multiplied by 110% = $33,330.
c. CHARGE AT $.60 PER $100 = 333.30 units multiplied by $.60 = $199.98.
7. Maximum Liability: The maximum “Full Value coverage” available is a total combined amount of $100,000.00 per shipment. If a shipment is inadvertently accepted with a request for excess value coverage exceeding $100,000.00, the maximum coverage shall be limited to $100,000.00. In no event shall liability exceed the actual invoice value of the goods shipped (including “Full Value coverage).
8. Executing the provisions stated in Section 5 will eliminate the application of Section 1 of this item
Section 6 - Released Value
1. If a released rate is available for the commodity shipped, and if the Consignor fails to declare the Released Value on the Bill of Lading at the time of shipment, the shipment will not be accepted. However, if the shipment is inadvertently accepted, it will be conclusively presumed that the lowest Released Value applies even though the commodity was listed under Freight, All Kinds, (FAK) and/or moved under a minimum freight rate.
2. When a Released rate is available for a commodity, and the commodity moves under a Freight, ALL Kinds or a reduced minimum rate, it shall be conclusively presumed that the goods in question shall have a Released Value for the purposes of any loss or damage claimed.
3. When on Minimum Charge shipments, subject to the provisions of this tariff, carrier’s liability in the event of loss of damage, shall be at the lowest Released Value provided for the commodity, subject to the Released Value provisions in Tariff NMF 100 Series.
4. Shipments of Used Equipment and/or Machinery, of Uncrated New Equipment or Machinery, as described in NOTE I, below, will be accepted for transportation only when the Shipper releases the value of the property to a value not exceeding 10 cents per pound per distribution package. If the shipper fails to release the value of the property to a value not exceeding 10 cents per pound per distribution package, the shipment will not be accepted, but if shipment is inadvertently accepted, it will be considered as being released to a value of 10 cents per pound per distribution package and the shipment will move subject to such limitations of liability. If the Consignor declines to release the value of the property to a value not exceeding 10 cents per pound per distribution package, or designates a value exceeding 10 cents per pound per distribution package, the shipments will rated at the applicable full, non-discounted, class rate found in the current LKVL 500 series tariff. Failure of the Consignor to declare that commodity is "used" shall not alter the application of this item (See NOTE J). Definition of "used" shall include: Rebuilt, Refurbished, Reconditioned, Demonstrators or Display units.
NOTE A - Shipments moving in International Commerce shall be subject to the following:
NOTE C - U.S. MAIL will be accepted when the Consignor and Consignee are U.S. Post Offices.
NOTE D - U.S. INTERNAL REVENUE DISTILLED SPIRITS STAMPS will be accepted in VOL or TL shipments only,
NOTE E - Except ANTIQUE FURNITURE, subject to NMFC Items 100240 and 100260; or NUMISMATIC EXHIBITS, subject to NMFC Item 63830.
NOTE F- Except PICTURES or PAINTINGS, subject to NMFC Items 100240, 100260 and 149420.
NOTE G - The provisions of Section 5 shall not apply on shipments as defined in Section 2 or on shipments of:
a. Household Goods and Personal Effects
b. Recorded or Electronic data and media
NOTE H - Request for "Full Value Coverage" as shown in Section 5 will not be accepted when the shipper has selected a class dependent on "Released Value" as provided in the NMFC.
NOTE I - Used Equipment or Machinery and/or uncrated New Equipment of Machinery is as listed in NMFC 100 Series, including, but not limited to, the following:
Full value coverage as described in Section 5 herein shall not be available to articles shown in this Note (Note I), but may apply to articles that are rebuilt, reconditioned or refurbished like new.
NOTE J- Section 6 is applicable only on Class rated shipments; except will not apply to those commodities named in NMF 100 Series which provide specific Released Value provisions.
Item 400 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Doors or Doors in Frames
(Exception to NMFC see Note A)
DOORS, assembled in door frames, glazed with other than leaded or plate glass, see Note B, in boxes or crates, see Note C, or wrapped in fibreboard. Shipped upright on pattets or skids will receive a classification for rating puposes based on the following scale: Determine the cube feet of each pallet or skid.
Example: L40" X W48" X H82" / 1728 = 91.1 cubic feet.
Calculate the density by dividing the weight of the shipment by the cubic feet. Weight of Shipment 600 pounds / 91.1 cubic feet = 6.6 pounds per cubic foot.
The classification to be used for rating purposes will be taken from the following scale:
Note A: Provisions of this Item take precedence over Item 34265 of the NMFC 100 Series.
Note B: Where reference is made to this note, provisions apply on articles of native wood, Canadian wood or foreign brich, pine or spruce, not further finished than primed.
Note C: On shipment weightin less than 30,000 pounds, all exposed glass must be protected as follows:
(a) Completely covered with wooden boards not less than 3/8 inch thick if of softwood, or 1/4 inch thick if of hardwood, or 1/8 inch thick if of plywood; or
(b) Completely covered with sheet metal; or
(c) By wooden boards between which interstices may be left not exceeding the width of the narrowest board, and in no case exceeding 4 inches in width. The boards must be completely covered with fibreboard. Bundles must be securely bound with metal straps or wire; or
(a) With Fibreboard.
(b) Hot bed sash in cleated bundles may have glass protected by fibreboard testing not less than 200 poinds, completely covering the face of the sash.
Item 530 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Application of Surcharge
All charges for linehaul transportation resulting from rates and/or charges, named in this publication and amendments thereto, are hereby or will on their effective dates be increased as provided below, for the period these provisions are in effect.
In applying the provisions of this item, first determine the applicable linehaul charge including all applicable increases and/or discounts, if any. The linehaul charge so determined will be further subject to the surcharge provided herein. Fractions of less than one-half cent will be dropped; fractions of one-half cent or greater will be increased to the next whole cent.
The proceeds from this fuel related increase(s) will be passed along to the individuals or entities actually bearing the burden of the increased fuel costs.
The term "LINEHAUL CHARGES" referred to herein applies to all charges other than accessorial charges.
The net linehaul charge will be subject to a fuel surcharge in the table below. The amount of the fuel surcharge will be determined by the U. S. National Average On-Highway Diesel Price as provided by the U. S. Department of Energy (D.O.E.). The current On-Highway Diesel Price may be obtained by calling 1-202-586-6966 (24 hours per day) or on the Internet at: http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp
The U. S. National Average On-Highway Diesel Price announced each Monday will be utilized to determine the applicable fuel surcharge, which will be adjusted up or down on the succeeding WEDNESDAY based on the above referenced U. S. D.O.E. On-Highway Diesel Price.
EXAMPLE: D.O.E. U. S. National Average On-Highway Diesel Price announced on MONDAY, 10-31-2005, will be used to determine the Fuel Surcharge to become effective on WEDNESDAY, 11-02-2005.
Item 536 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
a. Carrier guarantees the delivery of shipment between direct service points within it's published transit time, and on or before the requested delivery time, or the linehaul portion of the shipment charge and the Guaranteed Service charge is canceled upon request of the payer of the freight charges.
b. Customers desiring the services offered in this item must first call the carrier for authorization and an authorization number to be entered on the bill of lading will be supplied by the carrier. For Guaranteed Standard Service the customer needs to notify the carrier at the time that the pick up is requested.
c. Carrier reserves the right to deny the requested service.
d. Shipment must be made available to carrier by 5 PM on the day of pickup, with 2 hours or more
advance notice depending on the shipper's proximity to the carrier's service center.
e. Shipper agrees to waive all rights under Section 7 of the Bill of Lading.
f. Payment Terms: 15 days from date of invoice.
g. Weekends are not included in transit time.
h. If a delivery appointment is required, on time delivery will be the appointment date.
i. Should the party requesting the services offered in this item subsequently cancel the request, the following will apply:
a. If request is made prior to pickup, but subsequent to dispatch of carrier's equipment to make the pickup, a fee will be
charged of $75.00
b. If request is made after tender of shipment to carrier, the provisions of this item will apply and such request for
cancellation of the service shall be denied.
j. Unless otherwise specified, the Standard Guaranteed Xpress Gold offered in this program will apply to pallet or commodity rated items also.
k. If for any reason this is not a dock to dock shipment the carrier will not be held accountable for the XGold Guarantee. l. In the event that carrier is unable to meet its obligations due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to: Strikes or Lockouts, Labor Shortages or Disturbances, Acts of God, Fires, Accidents, Floods, Severe Storms, Wars, Riots, Acts of Governmental Authority, and Acts of or Omissions of Third Parties, the performance obligations of carrier affected by the Force Majeure condition shall be suspended to that extent for the duration of such event; provided, however, that carrier shall make all reasonable efforts to continue to meet it's obligations during the duration of the Force Majeure condition. When carrier declares Force Majeure, carrier shall notify the shipper when Force Majeure exists, the nature of the Force Majeure and when the condition is terminated.
m. Claim for refund must be initiated by the Payer of Freight Charges within 30 days from the date of delivery.
Guaranteed Standard Service
a. Shipper desiring this service must so indicate on the bill of lading by writing legibly, "XPRESS GOLD SERVICE" or by affixing the proper label provided by carrier.
b. When such service is requested, a charge will be assessed, in addition to the linehaul charge, as follows:
Charge Per Shipment of $ 25.00.
Guaranteed Standard Service with Time Definite Delivery
(Xpress Gold Noon or Xpress Gold Ten)
a. Shipper desiring this service must so indicate on the bill of lading by writing legibly, "XPRESS GOLD NOON" or "XPRESS GOLD TEN" or by affixing the proper label provided by carrier, along with the carrier's supplied authorization number.
b. When such service is requested, and accepted by carrier, a charge will be assessed, in addition to the linehaul charge, as follows:
Xpress Gold Noon -Delivery by Noon
20% of net linehaul charges, after any applicable discount and including fuel surcharge, subject to a Minimum Charge Per Shipment of $ 60.00.
Shipment subject to an absolute minimum charge of $125.00.inclusive of all charges.
Xpress Gold Ten - Delivery by 10 A.M.
30% of net linehaul charges, after any applicable discount and including fuel surcharge, subject to a Minimum Charge Per Shipment of $ 75.00.
Shipment subject to an absolute minimum charge of $125.00.inclusive of all charges.
Guaranteed Expedited Service
(Xpress Gold Expedited)
a. Shipment must be made available to carrier by the agreed time on the day of pickup.
b. Shippers desiring this service must so indicate on the bill of lading by writing legibly, "XPRESS
GOLD EXPEDITED" or by affixing the proper label provided by carrier, along with the carrier's
supplied authorization number.
c. When such service is requested and accepted by carrier, an agreed charge will be assessed, in
addition to the linehaul charge.
Item 615 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Minimum Charge - Cubic Capacity & Density
Any shipment which as tendered exceeds 672 cubic feet of carrier’s vehicle will be subject to a Minimum Charge based on 4 pounds per cubic foot, and using actual class 125 rate (No FAK applications allowed), subject to a minimum discount of 50%. Where a customer presently has a discount, either greater or lower than 50%, such present discount will apply. (See EXAMPLE) If the customer’s applicable tariff does not include a Class 125 rate, the Minimum Charge for shipments subject to this item will be 211% of the applicable base rate.
Conditions and Definitions
1. The cubic capacity of the shipment shall be determined by totaling the cubic feet of all articles, pieces and packaged units in the shipment, in accordance with NMFC Item 110, Sections 8(a) and (b). The height (vertical measurement) of any loaded shipment shall be deemed 96 inches when no other freight can be stowed securely on the top of a shipment or the Bill of Lading or packaging provides instructions that in any way prohibit the utilization of the trailer space between the trailer ceiling and the top of the articles. The width shall be deemed 96 inches when no additional articles in the same shipping form tendered can be loaded side by side because of the packaging configuration or lack of packaging, the nature of the article shipped, or the consignor's shipping instruction.
2. The provisions of this item are not applicable in connection with shipments subject to VOL or TL rates or charges or minimum charges per vehicle used.
EXAMPLE: A customer with a 75% discount on LME Current Rates (LKVL500 series) has a shipment occupying 700 cubic feet and moving between 55345 and 50010, would be subject to a minimum charge, as follows: (NOTE)
Item 670-10 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Over Dimension Freight - Over-Length Charge
1. Shipments containing an article or articles that exceed (s) 12 feet in length shall be assessed an additional charge of 150% times the net charge for each article. If charges do not exceed 150% of the minimum charge floor, then charges shall be adjusted to 150% times the minimum charge floor. Any applicable fuel surcharge or additional accessorial fees will be added after the application of the over-length charge.
2. If the weight of the overlength article or articles is not shown separately on the bill of lading, then the entire shipment will be assessed the 150% fee.
3. The minimum Over Dimension charge shall be $60.00 per shipment.
Item 750-90 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Pickup and Delivery Service - Points in Montana
When the carrier or its agent performs Pickup or Delivery Service at the following points in Montana, the shipment will be subject to an additional pickup or delivery charge of $ 1.85 per cwt, subject to a Maximum Charge of $ 250.00, which shall be in addition to all other applicable charges, as follows:
Following Zip Codes will receive a Min Charge of $50.00:
59002, 59015, 59018, 59027, 59046, 59420, 59436, 59640, 59925
Following Zip Codes will receive a Min Charge of $75.00:
59725, 59739, 59928
Following Zip Codes will receive a Min Charge of $100.00:
59012, 59053, 59055, 59057, 59062, 59067, 59074, 59085, 59086, 59087, 59214, 59219, 59225, 59240,59244, 59274, 59301, 59311, 59336, 59337, 59338, 59339, 59353, 59419, 59432, 59434, 59441,59444, 59446, 59447, 59450, 59451, 59461, 59463, 59465, 59469, 59479, 59489, 59527, 59529, 59537, 59542, 59544, 59545, 59546, 59641, 59642, 59727, 59729, 59749, 59751, 59754, 59755, 59759, 59762, 59832, 59837, 59848
Following Zip Codes will receive a Min Charge of $150.00:
59314, 59317, 59318
Following Zip Codes will receive a Min Charge of $250.00:
NOTE: Provisions of this Item will not apply if shipment is brought to or picked up from Carriers’ terminal.
Item 750-120 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Pickup and Delivery Service - Points in Ontario
When the carrier or its agent performs Pickup or Delivery Service at the following points in Ontario, such service will be subject to an additional charge, which shall be in addition to all other applicable charges, as follows:
Item 750-400 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Delivery Service - Additional Charges
Points in Washington, Oregon and Idaho
When deliveries are to points listed as “REMOTE” on www.peninsulatruck.com additional charges will apply for delivery.
For zip codes 98243, 98245, 98250, 98261, 98262, 98279, 98280, 98281 and 98286 the shipment shall be rated to the point of interchange with the delivering island carrier. The island carrier’s actual charges for the shipment will be added to the shipment. Please contact the LME rate Department at 800-888-4950 for charge.
For zip codes 97710 and 97902 the arbitrary charge shall be $150.00 per shipment.
For zip codes 97447, 97636, 97637 and 99322 the arbitrary charge shall be $125.00 per shipment.
For zip codes 99356, 97846, 97346, 97350, 97357, 97412, 97413, 97425, 97427, 97430, 97434, 97443, 97451, 97468, 97484, 97488, 97489, 97490, 97492, 97627, 97638, 97640, 97641, 97722, 97736, 97819, 97823, 97824, 97827, 97833, 97834, 97835, 97837, 97840, 97841, 97842, 97843, 97857, 97861, 97874, 97903, 97904, 97905, 97906, 97911 and 97917 the arbitrary charge shall be $95.00 per shipment.
For zip codes 97839, 97029, 97041, 97049, 97050, 97057, 97063, 97067, 97125, 97329, 97342, 97344, 97358, 97360, 97374, 97384, 97830 and 97836 the arbitrary charge shall be $75.00 per shipment.
For zip codes 97001, 97326, 97711, 97712, 97720, 97721, 97731, 97732, 97733, 97735, 97737, 97738, 97740, 97750, 97751, 97752, 97758, 97810, 97813, 97817, 97820, 97821, 97825, 97828, 97831, 97845, 97848, 97856, 97864, 97865, 97869, 97870, 97873, 97877, 97880, 97884, 97885, 97907, 97908, 97909, 97910, 98859, 98929, 99345 and 99346 the arbitrary charge shall be $65.00 per shipment.
For zip codes 83525, 83802, 83806, 83808, 83812, 83827, 83874, 97017, 97021, 97028, 97436, 97463, 97604, 97812, 97841, 97859, 97868, 97886, 98220, 98224, 98237, 98544, 98251, 98255, 98256, 98263, 98266, 98267, 98283, 98288, 98293, 98320, 98331, 98349, 98351, 98376, 98381, 98524, 98546, 98588, 98619, 98622, 98623, 98628, 98635, 98673, 98675, 98811, 98845, 98852 the arbitrary charge shall be $50.00 per shipment.
For zip codes 83278, 83601, 83604, 83620, 83624, 83627, 83630, 83631, 83632, 83633, 83636, 83637, 83650, 83657, 83666, 83670, 83671, 83677, 97011, 97033, 97037, 97544, 97620, 97625, 97635, 97876, 97883, 97920, 98222, 98303, 98581, 98601, 98602, 98603, 98616, and 98649 the arbitrary charge shall be $150.00 per shipment.
Item 825 (Return to Accessorial Listing)
Claims - Loss and Damage, Overcharge and Over-Collected
The customer responsible for payment of freight charges is not permitted to offset any part of the freight charges by the value of any outstanding loss and damage, overcharge or over-collected claims
To view/download a copy of the LKVL 110 Rules Tariff (with supplements):
Click on the icon at left to view the complete LKVL 110 Rules Tariff in Adobe Acrobat format.
Click on the icon at left to view the supplement to LKVL 110 Rules Tariff in Adobe Acrobat format. Effective 12/2/2013.
Best viewed in Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or higher.
Top of Page